Universal font converter
Convert fonts between Mac and Windows.
Unparalleled accuracy and efficiency in converting fonts between all major font formats: PostScript (pfb and pfm), TrueType (ttf) and OpenType (otf or ttf).
Convert fonts with old encodings (ASCII, ANSI, ISO etc.) to Unicode to make the fonts compatible with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Apple iWork.
Repair corrupt fonts through conversion to OpenType.
How to convert fonts the easy way
Seamlessly convert between OpenType font flavors (otf to ttf or ttf to otf)
Upgrade your legacy PostScript Type 1 fonts to OpenType (pfb and pfm to otf)
Batch convert whole folders of fonts at one time.
Edit font names, style and codepages before conversion.
Automatically adds OpenType features to Type 1 fonts when converted to OpenType (if appropriate glyphs are present).
Affordable online font conversion
TransType Pro (retail price US$179) is now available on a prepaid rental basis through our partnership with Roozz, the leading provider of online software rental solutions.
The pricing starts from US$9.99 per day, so you can perform your conversion in just ten minutes at an eminently reasonable cost.
TransType Pro on Roozz requires Microsoft Windows and a web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are recommended).
It's an ideal solution for users who just need to convert a few fonts from Mac to Windows or from .pfm to .otf.
How does TransType Pro on Roozz work?
TransType Pro for Windows is a universal font converter by Fontlab Ltd. Roozz is a leading provider of online software rental solutions.
By combining TransType Pro and Roozz, you can convert your fonts easily without purchasing the desktop version of TransType Pro at US$179. Instead, you can use TransType Pro on a prepaid rental basis. You can buy 24 hours, 3 days or 7 days of usage time ? 24 hours is just US$9.99!
Before using TransType Pro on Roozz, a small Roozz plugin needs to be installed on your computer which will download an online version of TransType Pro to your computer and let you use it just as if you were using the desktop product. Then you just need to create an account on Roozz, add your funds to the account (using PayPal), and you can use the full functionality of TransType Pro just as if you were using the desktop product.
Remember: TransType Pro on Roozz currently only works on Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7 or newer). Follow the step-by-step instructions on the right for detailed information.
The TransType Pro on Roozz service is currently in beta. While we believe that everything works fine and is fully-functional, there may be some glitches in the system.
If you run into problems, let our tech support team know!
Tutorial video and user?s manual
- View our tutorial video showing how to use TransType Pro on Rooz.
- Download the TransType Pro user's manual (PDF) for instructions on how to do more advanced conversions and more detailed information about the application.
TransType Pro on Roozz quick start guide
If this is the first time you're using TransType Pro on Roozz on this computer, you need to install the Roozz plugin first:
- Make sure you're running Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7 or later). TransType Pro on Roozz does not work on a Mac yet ? sorry!
- In your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox recommended), visit the TransType Pro on Roozz page.
- When the "Install Roozz plugin" page apears, click on "Install plugin".
- If a security warning appears, click on "Run", and follow the instructions on screen until you see "Installation complete". Click on "Done".
- If your web browser shows a bar "This website wants to run the following add-on: Roozz plugin", click on the bar and choose "Run".
If you have installed the Roozz plugin successfully on your computer, you need to log in to Roozz or create an account:
- Visit the TransType Pro on Roozz page.
- You should see a page "Please accept the End User License Agreement for TransType Pro". Click on "Accept".
- You should see a dialog "Welcome to Roozz!".
- If you haven't created an account on Roozz yet, you need to create it now. Enter your e-mail address and choose a password for your Roozz account.
- If you already have an account with Roozz, log in using your e-mail address and password that you specified when you registered with Roozz.
If you've successfully logged in to your Roozz account, you need to add funds to your Roozz account, i.e. pre-pay your usage of TransType Pro.
- After logging in, you should see a dialog "Add time to your Roozz account".
- Choose the amount of time you'd like to pre-pay (24 hours, 3 days or 7 days) and click on Proceed.
- You will be transferred to PayPal to process the payment. Follow the instructions to make the payment.
- You should see a dialog "Payment accepted!". Click on "Start" to start using TransType on Roozz.
If you already have funds in your Roozz account, you're ready to use TransType Pro:
- Visit the TransType Pro on Roozz page.
- Log in to your Roozz account.
- Click on "Start".
- You should see the TransType Pro window appear.
- Click the "+" button at the bottom of the window.
- Select the font file(s) you want to convert.
- For each font, in the Destination pane (right side of the window), click the down arrow button to the right of the destination font name.
- Click on "Format" in the dropdown menu and select the format you want to convert the font into (for example OpenType PS if you want to produce an .otf font).
- Click on the "Convert fonts" button (second from the right at the bottom).
- Select the destination folder for the file of the converted font, and click OK.
Voila! Just look in the destination folder you specified to find your converted font(s).