July 2011: Fontographer 5.1 is now available for registered Fontographer 5 users, DTL OTMaster 2.4 available for registered OTMaster 2.3 users.
New in Fontographer 5.1
- NEW! OpenType Embedding Permissions and Recommendations (EPAR) table to help license and use fonts appropriately
- IMPROVED! More flexible automatic linespacing calculation
- IMPROVED! Handling of OpenType kerning
- IMPROVED! Non-Western Type 1 and TrueType Symbol font support
- NEW! Align width to grid
- IMPROVED! Kerning Assistance and Metrics Assistance
- IMPROVED! Clipboard support and autotracing of template bitmaps
- IMPROVED! Hundreds of bug fixes
- Mac OS X 10.7 compatible
Learn more about Fontographer!
Updating Fontographer 5.0 to 5.1
Just click on one of the links below to download the installer. You
don?t need to uninstall the previous version, but you will have to enter
your serial number to get it to run.
Please click on one of the following download links to get the installer for your free update (all links point to the same version, just pick the location nearest you):
Fontographer 5.1 for Mac OS X
Americas | Europe & Middle East
Fontographer 5.1 for Windows
Americas | Europe & Middle East
IMPORTANT! Fontographer 5.1 uses remote
activation, so it will automatically check your serial number against
our database of active serial numbers and send back a license file which
will reside on your computer. This is all transparent to you, of
course. All you have to do is enter the serial number. But your computer
obviously has to be connected to the Internet for this to work.
If you didn?t put your serial number in a safe place (tsk, tsk, tsk)
or don?t have it/can?t get it for some other reason then please send in a
serial number replacement request. Requesting a serial number replacement will cost you $5.95, so in future,
please remember to save your serial number in a safe and accessible
If you have any problems with the download/installation
process then please let us know by submitting a problem report at
Note: Fontographer 5.1 for Mac OS X is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or higher, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Fontographer 5.1 for Windows is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
DTL OTMaster 2.4
New in DTL OTMaster 2.4
- NEW! Use the consistency checker to check which written languages your font supports and which characters are missing.
- IMPROVED! Export OpenType Layout feature definitions into the AFDKO syntax version 2.5 used by Fontographer 5.1
- IMPROVED! Add OpenType Layout feature definitions to any font using an AFDKO syntax version 2.5 file. OTMaster will intelligently omit the feature definitions that aren?t covered by the glyphs in the font ? so you can use one large ?master file? with your feature definitions, and OTMaster will only add the necessary features from it.
- NEW! Change the version of the
post OpenType tables.
- IMPROVED! Numerous bugfixes and minor improvements.
Learn more about DTL OTMaster!
Updating DTL OTMaster 2.3 to 2.4
Please visit our upgrades and updates page to request the free update.
Note: DTL OTMaster 2.4 for Mac OS X is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or higher, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. DTL OTMaster 2.4 for Windows is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.